Welcome to the 2021 Canadian International Rover Challenge! We are pleased to offer our fourth summer competition in the badlands of Alberta. This unique and exciting landscape is an ideal environment for university space and robotics teams to showcase their rovers. Our newest array of tasks will test rovers in unique and exciting ways. This event is great for both teams and the public to enjoy. Our collaborative event center gives your team a spot to work on your rover, and to engage with teams from around the world.
August 13-16, 2021
Drumheller, Alberta, Canada
Results for the 2021 event can be seen at the link below:
Rules and Regulations
- 2021 Competition Rules
- 2021 Autonomy Guidelines
- 2021 Rover Safety Guidelines
- Covid-19 Safety Precaution Measures
CIRC 2021 T-shirts will available for order through this website. Shirts ordered by attendees will be available for pickup at the event.
Please visit the Apparel Order Page to submit your order!
Apparel must be ordered before July 18 2021 to be available for pickup at the event.
Changes Since CIRC 2019
See Also: 2021 Competition Rules
Based on feedback and what we’ve learned from the 2019 competition, we’ve made a number of changes that will be rolled forward to 2021:
- We’ve clarified that rovers must be able to operate in the rain, and we don’t promise any accommodations due to weather. It is impossible to adjust scheduling around weather as the competition grows, and providing alternative tasks cannot be made fair from a scoring perspective.
- We’ve brought forward our safety reporting deadlines and clarified that you can request a partial evaluation at any time. The penalty for being over the mass limit has been reduced to align with the bonus for being under mass. A hard limit of 70kg still applies.
- Our livestream is expanding this year to cover all of our tasks. Expect your team to be filmed and streamed while at CIRC Central, in the field at tasks, and in the operations trailers. We have reserved additional channels of the 5GHz Wi-Fi spectrum to accommodate this expansion.